Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

Happy belated Memorial Day to everyone and thanks to all of you who have served.

With the official kickoff to summer, I've been outside quite a bit.  Sometimes I'm drawing pretty pictures on the driveway.
On days when I'm feeling more adventurous, I go for a bike ride with mommy & daddy.  I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of wearing the helmet though.
But my most favorite thing ever to do outside is to play in my new sandbox!!!  Mom & dad sacrificed the garden and made it into a play area.  It was quite the process.  First I had to supervise dad when he moved out all of the dirt and put in the sand.
"Only 24 more 50 pound bags to go daddy!"
Before it was all complete, I had to give part of the sandbox a test run to make sure it was up to my specifications.
It's a success!
What I like best about the sandbox is building castles and then knocking them down.
Not only is the sandbox a hit with me, but the neighbor kids like to play in it too!
I guess it's not only kids who like the sandbox.  We had a lady bug stop by and play with us too.

After a hard day of playing in the sandbox, it's time to enjoy some dinner out on the deck.

When the weather isn't nice enough to play in the sandbox, you can sometimes find me in the kitchen.  I just love to bake.
The best part of baking is the tasting!

Grandma Mary came over and spent the weekend with us.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

After a hard day of baking and playing, I treated myself and got my nails done.

Have a great week, I'll be spending it in the sandbox.
Kaitlyn

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Have fun in your new sandbox!

    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete